Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Green Fax Machine

Jessie Atkin posted a new blog on Digital Landing! Read about the all-new fax machine, with a screen!

Even with e-mail and all the wonders of internet communication the fax machine has still survived. When you need a signature there’s just no way to type it and faxing, like printing, can still get you that hard copy.

Well it seems the fax machine at last has made an upgrade. Panasonic has taken the standalone fax machine and added one wondrous feature, a screen. That’s right, you no longer need a hard copy (long been the one and only great feature of the fax machine) because now you can read your received page right off the built in monitor.

I don’t know how I feel about it all. The screen will go green and save us some trees, but I feel like what I need to get faxed I also need to print out. As a college student I also feel that if I were to invest in a fax machine I’d upgrade to the not so standalone version that comes with a scanner and a copier. But hey, I’ve got time to make up my mind. This newest innovation is only available in Japan.

No comments: