Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Modern Day List for Santa

Chris McGinn has a new blog post on Digital Landing called A modern day list for Santa.

For the past few years, I’ve been trying out various online wish lists to organize the grandparents, aunts and uncles on how to buy for my son.

Originally, I used Wishlist but now I have moved to Kaboodle. The genius of both of these sites is letting you choose gifts for your site from any retailer rather than just one like Target or even Amazon.

I prefer Kaboodle now because it is part of a whole community so it is easier to see what everyone else has on their lists, making it easier to get ideas that might work for me. I also like having my own Kaboodle lists to keep track of things I find online that I might like to buy one day or so my husband can see what I have my eye on.

Kaboodle is easy to use with their helpful toolbar add-on so you can quickly add items you find online to your list complete with pricing, picture, and description. You can also add things you find on other people’s lists directly from the site without having to locate them online.

On Kaboodle you can create multiple lists under your account so you can have wish lists for various holidays or topics like “If I Had A MIllion Dollars” or “Baby Shower.” You can also create Polls if you can’t decide what you want and let others make the choice for you.

Another cool trick is a widget to add the list to your blog or MySpace page–perfect for advertising it to potential gift buyers.

If you’re just someone who likes to shop anyway and stay up on the latest styles, Kaboodle is a great way to keep up. It has featured Kaboodlers and continually updates with what’s hot on people’s lists.

For those with older children, they can add their own wishes as they browse the web–a modern Santa’s list.

This holiday season I highly recommend Kaboodle to keep track of everyone’s wishlists.

No comments: