Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Adaptable Music

Jessie Atkin posted a blog up on Digital Landing about the joy of having an ipod.

I’m not really up to date on the current music scene, it’s difficult when I don’t listen to normal radio on a regular basis anymore. Digital music has changed everything. Why would I listen to songs I don’t like when there are so many options surrounding the music I already know I enjoy?

The simplest solution to my musical impatience is my ipod. It’s especially convenient in its travel sized-ness, and is even more convenient due to the plethora of accessories surrounding Apple’s prize product.

I used to listen to the radio in the car (that was where any new musical knowledge flooded its way into my life). Now, I don’t even have to suffer my way to the supermarket. Car adapters are perhaps the most useful ipod add on around today. From the itrip, to the road trip, to the cassette adapter, and the tune flex; there’s no need to add any more stress to travel. I always have a sing along song ready.

In my opinion I like adapters along the lines of the tune flex, not only does it charge the ipod so battery life is never a problem it also plays directly through the cars AUX-in port. (That basically means it plays right through the cars own system, so no need to find or adjust radio stations because of static.)

The itrip is pocket sized and convenient but its signal can get cut off a lot leading to extra static and hassle. The point of driving with my ipod is to eliminate hassle, as much as possible anyway.

No comments: