Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cell Phone Building Blocks

Jessie Atkin posted a new blog on Digital Landing! Read about how legos now make cell phones.

I love my cell phone, I need it, but (despite the necessity I feel in my own life towards owning one) I don’t feel like little kids ever need them. Seriously, ask the teacher if you need to call home, ask a friends mom, learn social skills, there’s no need for texting before you hit middle school.

Well, doesn’t matter what i think, Alcatel and Lego have teamed up to do just that, get kiddies connected. A lego styled cell phone makes perfect sense when you market it towards kids, but I don’t know that it’s necessary. I know quite a few adults who’d love to get their hands on a lego cell, but we’ll see what happens. The phone is slated for a summer release.

I don’t know who will end up with the phone actually in their pocket, but I can only hope it’s a bunch of us immature college kids and not second graders.

No comments: