Sunday, April 26, 2009

Going solar?

Chris McGinn posted a blog on Digital Landing about the solio charger that charges electronics using solar energy.

Solio charger

For months now I have toyed with the idea of cancelling my standard phone service and going straight to cell. One of the hang-ups for my plan has been what if I lost power and could not charge my phone. I think a solar cell phone charger may be my answer. In addition, it has the added benefit of saving “vampire” energy loss for all the times I leave the chargers plugged in.

This Solio charger looks awesome. And it works on more than jsut phones. One hour of sunshine is good for 20 minutes of talk or 50 minutes of music on an MP3. Solio is one of many new solar chargers on the market.

Do you have a solar charger for your electronics? What do you think of it?

No comments: