Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holiday Card Slacker

Chris McGinn posted a blog up on Digital Landing. Read about the electronic way to send holiday cards.

Every year I love getting photo cards from friends around the country showing their families as they grow. Usually, I am ready to go with my own photo that I usually print at Sam’s Club. This year, however, I have been very slack. I’m hoping to still get something out before it is too late, but the clock is definitely ticking.

For those of you who don’t like the photo card route, or who just want to take the whole thing digital, you might be interested in a You Tube greeting card that I found via Lifehacker.

You can pick a video or record your own and add it to a background with a message and email it to up to 25 friends via You Tube.

Another favorite is Elfyourself from OfficeMax and JibJab. Create a stunningly hilarious elf-version of yourself or even your whole family dancing disco, The Charleston, country or classic and send to friends or embed on your blog or Facebook or whatever else you want. This year you can also download the file to save for posterity for just $4.99.

No comments: