Monday, June 15, 2009

Cell Phone Insurance?

Chris McGinn posted a blog on Digital Landing about cell phone insurance.

I got a new cell phone yesterday. Fortunately my phone was still under warranty for another two months. My last phone died 2 months after the warranty expired so I figured I was due.

The good news was that I got a newer version of my current phone for free. The bad news–I only get the remaining two months under warranty.

They offered me cell phone insurance for an extra $5 a month but I think I’ll take my chances. I know the odds haven’t been good for me recently. This is another reason why I haven’t yet broken down and gotten the iPhone I have coveted so long. Usually electronics insurance is not a good deal if you ask consumer experts but it really helps the bottom line of companies that sell electronics so they keep offering.

As for me, I figure the phone was free anyway after rebate so if I end up having to buy a new one eventually I had it coming.

No comments: