Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer School

Jessie Atkin posted a blog on Digital Landing about the upgrade in learning online.

I for one get enough class time five days a week and enough homework that spare time for online courses is not really available (or a priority). But that doesn’t mean I can’t recognize a good learning tool when I see one.

Academicearth.org is the next step in intellectual growth at our fingertips. Like iTunes U the site provides taped lectures free to the masses. These aren’t just any schools either, but lectures from the likes of Stanford and Yale. I can’t attest to the quality of one lecturer over another myself, but the big school names are likely to get people in the door.

It’s never to late to learn (in life, or in the day) and it’s always nice when you can work for pure interest instead of a grade and extra homework.

No comments: